Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Some new things

I went a few weeks without posting.

Other than the hair, how have I been doing at the 'new things' thing?

* shooting (guns)
* got a ham radio license
* took a turn at the controls of a Cessna 182 (for brief, terrifying moments)
* left a conference early, just because I wanted to
* did some work for the UN (a girlhood dream, the reality of which was a rude awakening)
* DDR obsession embraced


Last weekend I saw a friend. Let's call her Mira. All names changed for the duration, btw. She's about to quit her job. Embark on her own sabbatical. We sat on the boardwalk at the beach and drank beer and talked about life and creating new patterns and curing ourselves of workaholism. She travels more than I do; it was amazing she was in town when I happened to be there. It was serendipity at its best.

No comments: